Introducing Mystic Access Teleclasses — Informative, Fun and Available from Wherever You Are
Are you frustrated on your assistive technology journey? Do you struggle to find products that are accessible to you as a person who is blind or has low vision? Or do you own products that are “supposed” to be accessible, but you can’t figure out how to use them easily?
We understand, and would love to help. We are devoted to sharing the enriching, exciting and even the frustrating aspects of learning assistive technology with as many people as possible. In addition to our free, professionally produced podcast, we are now very pleased to be offering free regular teleseminars to those who are interested in learning about assistive technology-related topics in a fun and relaxed atmosphere, from the comfort and convenience of your own space.
In our informative and enjoyable teleclasses, you can expect to:
- Discover valuable information on a variety of assistive technology topics, as well as other practical tips which you can utilize on a regular basis to enrich and simplify your work and life on and offline
- Learn relevant information from a blindness perspective… we won’t be telling you to press the red button or to wait until the light turns blue. We are totally blind professionals who will meet you where you live and help you to progress steadily from that point
- Enjoy an interactive and engaging atmosphere with personal examples and humor thrown into the mix. Yes, we screw up, too. And yes, we usually laugh about it later
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and participate in class discussions. Class is way more fun when we get to talk with you about what you’re experiencing
- Be taught by seasoned professionals who have used assistive technology both personally and professionally for decades. Oh, and we also think we’re very down to earth and a lot of fun. We hope you will, too
What are the classes about?
Topics you can expect to discover more about in our classes may include:
- iOS, Android and PC related info, including maintenance, navigation and apps and programs that we think you’ll find useful
- WordPress.org, including tips for creating websites / blogs, accessible and helpful plugins, and more
- Getting the full potential out of your assistive technology products
- Personal coaching and mindset tips to make using your assistive technology an easier, more pleasurable and more productive experience
- Accessible and innovative products (both hardware and software) that are easy to use and, well, exceedingly cool. From talking vacuums, mops and televisions to accessible security systems, talking virtual assistants, and more
- Lots more… we’re always coming up with ideas for interesting and innovative classes, and your input is welcome
How does it work?
Classes take place on a telephone bridge line. You will be given a phone number and pin code prior to each class. You may call via phone or Skype. All classes will be free to attend, and if you can’t make a class of interest to you, you will receive an MP3 recording of the class within 48 business hours. Plese note that while all classes are free to attend, they may be incorporated into paid products at a later date which will not be offered for free.
Who teaches these classes?
Your class instructors are Chris Grabowski, founder of Mystic Access, Kim Loftis, director of product development, and Lisa Salinger, class and product creatress. Between us, we have a wealth of experience with assistive technology that we’re happy to share with you. You may find that one or more of us teaches and / or attends a class, so be prepared. Ha ha!
How much do these classes cost?
We offer regular classes which are absolutely free to attend. However, your donations are always deeply appreciated. In addition to our free teleclasses, we also regularly offer affordable individual and multi-session classes via our shop. Click here to see what paid classes are coming up.
Sounds great! How can I learn more about your classes?
Thanks for your interest in learning more about our classes. We offer a free mailing list specifically to share about our upcoming class offerings. We will let you know about our regular free classes, as well as our affordable paid class options. It’s also a discussion list, so you can talk about classes and relevant class topics with others in a friendly atmosphere, and students and instructors can help answer any questions you have.
Our mailing list is hosted on Groups.IO, and is very accessible and easy to use with a screen reader. If you do have any trouble either subscribing or posting, please contact us, and we’ll be happy to help you.
Please Fill out the form below to sign up for the Mystic Access Free Teleseminars mailing list. It’s totally free to sign up to learn more about our classes.
Thanks for your interest! We look forward to meeting you via the list and in class!