Familiarizing yourself with a new and complex device can be stressful and intimidating. When that device has a multitude of built-in features and functions, a touch screen, a screen reader, and even more applications which can be added to broaden its appeal and scope, learning the ins and outs can become all the more stressful.
Welcome to Mystic Access’s fun and informative modules on iOS. Whether you own or are considering an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, we offer a wide-range of materials to assist beginners and advanced iOS users to enjoy your devices more efficiently and proficiently, and to have more fun using them in the process.
What are Mystic access’s iOS modules and how can they support me?
Our iOS modules are offered as 75 minute live virtual events. Each module covers a specific topic to support you in getting the most out of your iOS device. All modules are taught from a blindness perspective, and utilize the built-in Voiceover screen reader. Time for questions will be allotted at the end of each event. Recordings will also be provided in case you’re unable to attend live for whatever reason.
Each module includes:
- Thorough, friendly instruction from a member of the Mystic Access team.
- Explanation and demonstration… we strongly feel that both these components are important to help you in understanding the material.
- Tips and tricks. All of your instructors are totally blind iOS users, and we all use iOS regularly for both business and pleasure. We’ll share ideas and strategies that helped us learn and improve our usage, and that we hope will assist you, too.
What topics will be covered?
Here’s our iOS topic schedule, which includes half a dozen modules from which to pick and choose.
- January 10, 2019: Here’s to Your Health. We’ll talk physical and emotional health, and the apps to help us get there. If you want to track your workouts, learn to become more zen, or conquer a bad habit, there are numerous apps to help, and we’re pleased to explore them with you.
- January 17, 2019: It’s about time. Clock. It seems like such a simple app. However, it’s packed with lots of useful features. For example, did you know you can use it as a sleep timer, or choose to wake up to a particular song? Or, did you know you can set different alarms for weekdays and weekends? Save yourself some time and effort, and come learn about the many hidden features in the clock app.
- January 24, 2019: Learning Every Day. If you’re a gatherer of information, this module is for you. We’ll be sharing apps that allow you to find podcasts, lectures, and online learning opportunities. Curious? You’ll be in good company!
- February 7, 2019: I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing. This time, we’re diving into the Music app on iOS. Whether or not you have an Apple Music subscription, this app is jam-packed with lots of music, and we’ll show you how to get the most out of it.
- February 14, 2019: Games People Play. This time, we’re talking about different kinds of games. Besides just being fun, they can help you develop some specific iOS-related skills. If you’re ready to improve your skill at exploring by touch, getting over your fear of turning VoiceOver on and off, or just having fun, come take a seat at our virtual game table.
- February 21, 2019: Size Matters. Have you been using an iPhone or iPod Touch, and do you want to begin using an iPad or iPad Mini? We’ll talk about why you might or might not want to do this, and how the layout of information varies between devices.
How much does each module cost?
Each module will last 75 minutes (an hour and fifteen minutes), and costs $15 per module. If you purchase three or more modules, you’ll save over fifteen percent on your total cost. That’s like getting your third and sixth module at half price. Please check the relevant check boxes to select the modules for which you wish to register. You must select at least one module in order to add this product to your cart.
I already know a little about these topics… will these modules still benefit me?
Absolutely. Mystic access is known for thorough discussions, a down to earth and accessible teaching style and for our welcoming atmosphere. Bring your questions, frustrations and difficulties to the events, and if the answers aren’t covered in the material, please ask during the question and answer period, and we’ll be happy to try to help.
I live in a time zone that makes attending live impossible / inconvenient, or can’t attend live due to another commitment. I’m still interested in learning the material.
No worries, as each module will be recorded and an MP3 download will be provided to all registered participants. Please don’t let your time zone or another commitment stop you from engaging in these materials.
There’s a lot of free material available on iOS using Voiceover. why should I pay for these Mystic Access modules?
The material Mystic Access provides is clear, concise, and professionally taught. All modules are prerecorded and edited for clarity, and all the material we teach is current as of the time of these classes, so you know what you’re learning is up to date. Between our team members, we have decades of experience as instructors. We’re friendly and genuine people, and we really enjoy sharing with you. We’re also always happy to answer your questions.
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to having you as part of our iOS modules.