Familiarizing yourself with a new and complex device can be stressful and intimidating. When that device has a multitude of built-in features and functions, a touch screen, a screen reader, and even more applications which can be added to broaden its appeal and scope, learning the ins and outs can become all the more stressful.
Welcome to Mystic Access’s fun and informative modules on iOS. Whether you own or are considering an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, we offer a wide-range of materials to assist beginners and advanced iOS users to enjoy your devices more efficiently and proficiently, and to have more fun using them in the process.
What are Mystic access’s iOS modules and how can they support me?
Our iOS modules are offered as 75 minute live virtual events. Each module covers a specific topic to support you in getting the most out of your iOS device. All modules are taught from a blindness perspective, and utilize the built-in Voiceover screen reader. Time for questions will be allotted at the end of each event. Recordings will also be provided in case you’re unable to attend live for whatever reason.
Each module includes:
- Thorough, friendly instruction from a member of the Mystic Access team.
- Explanation and demonstration… we strongly feel that both these components are important to help you in understanding the material.
- Tips and tricks. All of your instructors are totally blind iOS users, and we all use iOS regularly for both business and pleasure. We’ll share ideas and strategies that helped us learn and improve our usage, and that we hope will assist you, too.
What topics will be covered?
Here’s our iOS topic schedule, which includes half a dozen modules from which to pick and choose.
- October 4, 2018: The iWhat? For many, the hardest part of using the iPhone is the actual phone app. In this module, we’ll walk you through all the app has to offer and will touch on three items for which we’ve had several requests. We’ll show you how to easily create contacts, successfully manage voicemail, and how to simplify the process of calling into a conference line or other automated system.
- October 11, 2018: Clear the Clutter. Do you have ten pages of apps on your device? Can you find what you need easily, or does it take a few minutes just to find the right app? In this lesson, we’ll talk about how to delete unneeded apps, and how to organize the ones you have so you can find them easily and quickly. With several methods to choose, you can easily find the one that works best for you.
- October 18, 2018: Put On Your Travelin Shoes: all about GPS Apps. In this module, we’ll compare and contrast some popular blindness-specific GPS apps. Each offers distinct features, and we’ll walk through them to help you find the app that will best meet your needs.
- November 1, 2018: Device Demystified. By now, you can do some exciting things with your iOS device, but do you understand how to access all it has to offer? In this module, we’ll take a look at the status bar, control center, notification area, and the dock.
- November 8, 2018: Editing Text. The process of editing text on an iOS device is much simpler than it used to be. This time, we’re going to show you how to edit text using the on-screen keyboard.
- November 15, 2018: Braille Screen Input. In this module, we’ll talk about how to get the most out of braille screen input to make text entry faster and more efficient.
How much does each module cost?
Each module will last 75 minutes (an hour and fifteen minutes), and costs $15 per module. If you purchase three or more modules, you’ll save over fifteen percent on your total cost. That’s like getting your third and sixth module at half price. Please check the relevant check boxes to select the modules for which you wish to register. You must select at least one module in order to add this product to your cart.
I already know a little about these topics… will these modules still benefit me?
Absolutely. Mystic access is known for thorough discussions, a down to earth and accessible teaching style and for our welcoming atmosphere. Bring your questions, frustrations and difficulties to the events, and if the answers aren’t covered in the material, please ask during the question and answer period, and we’ll be happy to try to help.
I live in a time zone that makes attending live impossible / inconvenient, or can’t attend live due to another commitment. I’m still interested in learning the material.
No worries, as each module will be recorded and an MP3 download will be provided to all registered participants. Please don’t let your time zone or another commitment stop you from engaging in these materials.
There’s a lot of free material available on iOS using Voiceover. why should I pay for these Mystic Access modules?
The material Mystic Access provides is clear, concise, and professionally taught. All modules are prerecorded and edited for clarity, and all the material we teach is current as of the time of these classes, so you know what you’re learning is up to date. Between our team members, we have decades of experience as instructors. We’re friendly and genuine people, and we really enjoy sharing with you. We’re also always happy to answer your questions.
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to having you as part of our iOS modules.