Familiarizing yourself with a new and complex device can be stressful and intimidating. When that device has a multitude of built-in features and functions, a touch screen, a screen reader, and even more applications which can be added to broaden its appeal and scope, learning the ins and outs can become all the more stressful.
Welcome to Mystic Access’s fun and informative modules on iOS. Whether you own or are considering an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, we offer a wide-range of materials to assist beginners and advanced iOS users to enjoy your devices more efficiently and proficiently, and to have more fun using them in the process.
What are Mystic access’s iOS modules and how can they support me?
Our iOS modules are offered as 75 minute live virtual events. Each module covers a specific topic to support you in getting the most out of your iOS device. All modules are taught from a blindness perspective, and utilize the built-in Voiceover screen reader. Time for questions will be allotted at the end of each event. Recordings will also be provided in case you’re unable to attend live for whatever reason.
Each module includes:
- Thorough, friendly instruction from a member of the Mystic Access team.
- Explanation and demonstration… we strongly feel that both these components are important to help you in understanding the material.
- Tips and tricks. All of your instructors are totally blind iOS users, and we all use iOS regularly for both business and pleasure. We’ll share ideas and strategies that helped us learn and improve our usage, and that we hope will assist you, too.
What topics will be covered?
Here’s our iOS topic schedule, which includes half a dozen modules from which to pick and choose.
- May 2, 2019: Surfing with Safari: If you’d like to be more comfortable using the web on your iOS device, this class will help you acquire the skills you need to navigate with ease and confidence.
- May 9, 2019: Backup Smart. Do you know how to backup your iOS device? Needing to get back your data if your device has been lost, stolen, or replaced isn’t something we like to think about. Still, understanding how and where to backup can save time, effort, energy, and sanity.
- May 16, 2019: Reading, writing and researching using iOS. Whether you’re looking for new / more convenient ways to write that report, or need to find just the right word for the essay due next week, this module will explore simple, powerful apps to help you make that writing reality your own.
- May 23, 2019: iOS and braille displays. This time, we’ll talk about using a braille display for entering and reading text. Exact procedures vary from one device to another, but we’ll give you some helpful tips for getting the job done, regardless of what display you’re using.
- June 6, 2019: Get the Message. Do you find the amount of information in the Messages app to be overwhelming? Join us as we demystify, simplify, and increase your productivity with this helpful app.
- June 13, 2019: It’s a date. With all the calendar options out there, how do you choose the one that’s right for you? Are there ways to make scheduling and viewing appointments easier? Do you really need apps other than the Calendars app that comes with your phone? We’ll answer these and other questions, so be sure to save the date.
How much does each module cost?
Each module will last 75 minutes (an hour and fifteen minutes), and costs $15 per module. If you purchase three or more modules, you’ll save over fifteen percent on your total cost. That’s like getting your third and sixth module at half price. Please check the relevant check boxes to select the modules for which you wish to register. You must select at least one module in order to add this product to your cart.
I already know a little about these topics… will these modules still benefit me?
Absolutely. Mystic access is known for thorough discussions, a down to earth and accessible teaching style and for our welcoming atmosphere. Bring your questions, frustrations and difficulties to the events, and if the answers aren’t covered in the material, please ask during the question and answer period, and we’ll be happy to try to help.
I live in a time zone that makes attending live impossible / inconvenient, or can’t attend live due to another commitment. I’m still interested in learning the material.
No worries, as each module will be recorded and an MP3 download will be provided to all registered participants. Please don’t let your time zone or another commitment stop you from engaging in these materials.
There’s a lot of free material available on iOS using Voiceover. why should I pay for these Mystic Access modules?
The material Mystic Access provides is clear, concise, and professionally taught. All modules are prerecorded and edited for clarity, and all the material we teach is current as of the time of these classes, so you know what you’re learning is up to date. Between our team members, we have decades of experience as instructors. We’re friendly and genuine people, and we really enjoy sharing with you. We’re also always happy to answer your questions.
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to having you as part of our iOS modules.