Familiarizing yourself with a new and complex device can be stressful and intimidating. When that device has a multitude of built-in features and functions, a touch screen, a screen reader, and even more applications which can be added to broaden its appeal and scope, learning the ins and outs can become all the more stressful.
Welcome to Mystic Access’s fun and informative audio modules on iOS. Whether you own or are considering an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, we offer a wide-range of materials to assist beginners and advanced iOS users to enjoy your devices more efficiently and proficiently, and to have more fun using them in the process.
What are Mystic access’s foundational iOS modules and how can they support me?
Our first six foundational iOS modules provide crucial concepts to support you in using iOS with greater ease and enjoyment. Each module covers a specific topic to support you in getting the most out of your iOS device. All modules are taught from a blindness perspective, and utilize the built-in Voiceover screen reader. The modules were initially taught as live events, and are offered here in MP3 and DAISY formats upon your purchase. You may also choose to have an SD card with your modules mailed to you for an additional $15.
Each module is approximately one hour in duration, and includes:
- Thorough, friendly instruction from a member of the Mystic Access team.
- Explanation and demonstration… we strongly feel that both these components are important to help you in understanding the material.
- Tips and tricks. All of your instructors are totally blind iOS users, and we all use iOS regularly for both business and pleasure. We’ll share ideas and strategies that helped us learn and improve our usage, and that we hope will assist you, too.
What topics are included in this bundle?
Here are the modules you’ll receive in our foundational bundle. It’s important to listen to these topics in order, to best support you in getting the most value from the presented content. This is especially true if you’re new to iOS, or struggling to use your device effectively.
- Your Device, Your way: In this module, we’ll help you customize your device so it best suits your particular needs. We’ll work through many popular settings to show what you can configure and customize on your iOS device.
- iOS with Siri… from the Basic to the Bizarre. Do you have a love/hate relationship with Siri? In this class, we’ll do our best to fix those irreconcilable differences so you can live in harmony with your iOS assistant… mostly.
- A Touch of Typing: In this module, we’ll look at the three methods for typing using the on-screen keyboard, and will provide suggestions for improving typing speed and accuracy, while minimizing frustration.
- Wrangling the Roter: Do you know how to use the roter? This one skill will save you time and increase your overall efficiency.
- Mail Call… the many ways to read, respond to and enjoy email on your iDevice. Those who use their iDevices for email report finding it fun and productive, once they’ve learned a few basic skills. In this class, we’ll go over the basics of setting up email, and then walk you through some helpful commands for managing all those messages. Setting up individual accounts is outside of the scope of this module, but we will show you how to find the information you need to get started.
- Welcome to the App Store. We’ll walk you through the process of searching for and purchasing apps from the app store. Once you are set up to do this, the process is generally a quick and easy one.
What is the cost for this bundle of foundational modules?
Each module lasts approximately sixty minutes (an hour), and includes enriching content to enhance your journey with iOS. The cost for all six comprehensive modules is $75.
I already know a little about these topics… will these modules still benefit me?
Absolutely. Mystic access is known for thorough discussions and our down to earth and accessible teaching styles. When these modules were taught live, participants brought their questions, frustrations and difficulties to the events, and when the answers weren’t covered in the material, they were discussed during the question and answer period. The questions and answers at the end of each module add an even greater depth to the topic presentations you’ll receive.
There’s a lot of free material available on iOS using Voiceover. why should I buy these Mystic Access modules?
The material Mystic Access provides is clear, concise, and professionally taught. All modules are prerecorded and edited for clarity, and all the material we teach is current as of the time of these classes, so you know what you’re learning is up to date. Between our team members, we have decades of experience as instructors. We’re friendly and genuine people, and we really enjoy sharing with you.
Please click on the player below to listen to a sample of the Sweet Success With iOS Modules One Through Six product
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to sharing our iOS audio modules with you.