Familiarizing yourself with a new and complex device can be stressful and intimidating. When that device has a multitude of built-in features and functions, a touch screen, a screen reader, and even more applications which can be added to broaden its appeal and scope, learning the ins and outs can become all the more stressful.
Welcome to Mystic Access’s fun and informative audio modules on iOS. Whether you own or are considering an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, we offer a wide-range of materials to assist beginners and advanced iOS users to enjoy your devices more efficiently and proficiently, and to have more fun using them in the process.
What are Mystic access’s Sweet Success With iOS modules and how can they support me?
This bundle includes all twenty-four iOS modules, they will provide crucial concepts to support you in using iOS with greater ease and enjoyment. Each module covers a specific topic to support you in getting the most out of your iOS device. All modules are taught from a blindness perspective, and utilize the built-in Voiceover screen reader. The modules were initially taught as live events, and are offered here in MP3 and DAISY formats upon your purchase. You may also choose to have an SD card with your modules mailed to you for an additional $15.
Each module is approximately one hour in duration, and includes:
- Thorough, friendly instruction from a member of the Mystic Access team.
- Explanation and demonstration… we strongly feel that both these components are important to help you in understanding the material.
- Tips and tricks. All of your instructors are totally blind iOS users, and we all use iOS regularly for both business and pleasure. We’ll share ideas and strategies that helped us learn and improve our usage, and that we hope will assist you, too.
What topics are included in this bundle?
Here are the modules you’ll receive in this bundle. It’s important to listen to these topics in order, to best support you in getting the most value from the presented content. This is especially true if you’re new to iOS, or struggling to use your device effectively.
- Your Device, Your way: In this module, we’ll help you customize your device so it best suits your particular needs. We’ll work through many popular settings to show what you can configure and customize on your iOS device.
- iOS with Siri… from the Basic to the Bizarre. Do you have a love/hate relationship with Siri? In this class, we’ll do our best to fix those irreconcilable differences so you can live in harmony with your iOS assistant… mostly.
- A Touch of Typing: In this module, we’ll look at the three methods for typing using the on-screen keyboard, and will provide suggestions for improving typing speed and accuracy, while minimizing frustration.
- Wrangling the Roter: Do you know how to use the roter? This one skill will save you time and increase your overall efficiency.
- Mail Call… the many ways to read, respond to and enjoy email on your iDevice. Those who use their iDevices for email report finding it fun and productive, once they’ve learned a few basic skills. In this class, we’ll go over the basics of setting up email, and then walk you through some helpful commands for managing all those messages. Setting up individual accounts is outside of the scope of this module, but we will show you how to find the information you need to get started.
- Welcome to the App Store. We’ll walk you through the process of searching for and purchasing apps from the app store. Once you are set up to do this, the process is generally a quick and easy one.
- The iWhat? For many, the hardest part of using the iPhone is the actual phone app. In this module, we’ll walk you through all the app has to offer and will touch on three items for which we’ve had several requests. We’ll show you how to easily create contacts, successfully manage voicemail, and how to simplify the process of calling into a conference line or other automated system.
- Clear the Clutter. Do you have ten pages of apps on your device? Can you find what you need easily, or does it take a few minutes just to find the right app? In this lesson, we’ll talk about how to delete unneeded apps, and how to organize the ones you have so you can find them easily and quickly. With several methods to choose, you can easily find the one that works best for you.
- Put On Your Travelin Shoes: all about GPS Apps. In this module, we’ll compare and contrast some popular blindness-specific GPS apps. Each offers distinct features, and we’ll walk through them to help you find the app that will best meet your needs.
- Device Demystified. By now, you can do some exciting things with your iOS device, but do you understand how to access all it has to offer? In this module, we’ll take a look at the status bar, control center, notification area, and the dock.
- Editing Text. The process of editing text on an iOS device is much simpler than it used to be. This time, we’re going to show you how to edit text using the on-screen keyboard.
- Braille Screen Input. In this module, we’ll talk about how to get the most out of braille screen input to make text entry faster and more efficient.
- Here’s to Your Health. We’ll talk physical and emotional health, and the apps to help us get there. If you want to track your workouts, learn to become more zen, or conquer a bad habit, there are numerous apps to help, and we’re pleased to explore them with you.
- It’s about time. Clock. It seems like such a simple app. However, it’s packed with lots of useful features. For example, did you know you can use it as a sleep timer, or choose to wake up to a particular song? Or, did you know you can set different alarms for weekdays and weekends? Save yourself some time and effort, and come learn about the many hidden features in the clock app.
- Learning Every Day. If you’re a gatherer of information, this module is for you. We’ll be sharing apps that allow you to find podcasts, lectures, and online learning opportunities. Curious? You’ll be in good company!
- I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing. This time, we’re diving into the Music app on iOS. Whether or not you have an Apple Music subscription, this app is jam-packed with lots of music, and we’ll show you how to get the most out of it.
- Games People Play. This time, we’re talking about different kinds of games. Besides just being fun, they can help you develop some specific iOS-related skills. If you’re ready to improve your skill at exploring by touch, getting over your fear of turning Voice Over on and off, or just having fun, come take a seat at our virtual game table.
- Size Matters. Have you been using an iPhone or iPod Touch, and do you want to begin using an iPad or iPad Mini? We’ll talk about why you might or might not want to do this, and how the layout of information varies between devices.
- Surfing with Safari: If you’d like to be more comfortable using the web on your iOS device, this module will help you acquire the skills you need to navigate with ease and confidence.
- Backup Smart. Do you know how to backup your iOS device? Needing to get back your data if your device has been lost, stolen, or replaced isn’t something we like to think about. Still, understanding how and where to backup can save time, effort, energy, and sanity.
- Reading, writing and researching using iOS. Whether you’re looking for new / more convenient ways to write that report, or need to find just the right word for the essay due next week, this module will explore simple, powerful apps to help you make that writing reality your own.
- iOS and braille displays. In this iOS voiceover module, we’ll talk about using a braille display for entering and reading text. Exact procedures vary from one device to another, but we’ll give you some helpful tips for getting the job done, regardless of what display you’re using.
- Get the Message. Do you find the amount of information in the Messages app to be overwhelming? Join us as we demystify, simplify, and increase your productivity with this helpful app.
- It’s a date. With all the calendar options out there, how do you choose the one that’s right for you? Are there ways to make scheduling and viewing appointments easier? Do you really need apps other than the Calendars app that comes with your phone? We’ll answer these and other questions, so be sure to save the date.
What is the cost for this bundle of audio modules?
Each module lasts approximately sixty minutes (an hour), and includes enriching content to enhance your journey with iOS. The total duration is over twenty hours. The cost for all twenty-four modules is $270.
When these modules were taught live, participants brought their questions, frustrations and difficulties to the events, and when the answers weren’t covered in the material, they were discussed during the question and answer period. The questions and answers at the end of each module add an even greater depth to the topic presentations you’ll receive.
I already know a little about these topics… will these modules still benefit me?
Absolutely. Mystic access is known for thorough discussions, a down to earth and accessible teaching style and for our welcoming atmosphere.
There’s a lot of free material available on iOS using Voiceover. why should I pay for these Mystic Access modules?
The material Mystic Access provides is clear, concise, and professionally taught. All iOS voiceover modules are prerecorded and edited for clarity, and all the material we teach is current as of the time of these classes, so you know what you’re learning is up to date. Between our team members, we have decades of experience as instructors. We’re friendly and genuine people, and we really enjoy sharing with you.
Thank you for your interest.