In the last few years, many options have appeared on the market to assist fans of music, movies and other video content to view their favorite entertainment more affordably and accessibly. One such group of options are the streaming products created by Roku.
In this friendly audio overview and demonstration, Chris and Kim share more about:
- What the Roku products are, how they work and how you can use them to accessibly view TV shows / videos / movies, listen to music and podcasts, and so much more.
- The wide variety of Roku devices available, their accessibility pros and cons, and which ones may be right for you.>/li>
- Orientation to some Roku devices and their remote controls.
- How to set up a Roku device accessibly.
- Roku accessibility and the Roku voice.
- Orientation to the Roku's functions.
- What is a channel?
- How to search for, add, view and remove Roku channels. We also demonstrate several channels.
- A tour of the Roku settings, with a focus on accessibility settings.
- Our thoughts on the Roku from an accessibility perspective.
Please note that, unlike most of Mystic Access's audios, the Roku overview is a single MP3 file. It is meant to be gone through fully and in sequence the first time you listen, as it provides important information about the Roku's accessibility.
This audio serves as an introduction to the Roku from an accessibility perspective. It is an hour in length, and we hope it will provide you with valuable information about using the devices with blindness or low vision.