If getting the meals you want, or ingredients to make them has proved a hassle, or if you’re tired of relying on others to bring you not quite the items you intended, it may be time to discover, or improve your ability to use, the wonderful world of delivery services. If you’re intimidated to learn what may feel like complicated apps / websites, or are simply eager to discover new techniques to make getting food and household supplies easier, Mystic Access is happy to help. We wrote the book, literally, on food delivery services for National Braille Press back in 2019. The delivery market has grown, advanced, and made significant changes since then, as you may imagine, and we’re excited to share more about all of that with you. Welcome to our virtual event, Delicious Eats and More, Direct to Your Door!
If you want to:
- make sure you receive the food, ingredients and supplies you *really* want, not what others bring you
- Learn about the “sighted filter” and how you can avoid it by gaining more independence in choosing your own food and supplies
- learn how to find the items you desire at a more affordable price
- discover the advantages of the big, and smaller, players in the food delivery world
- experience the convenience of grocery and food delivery from wherever you happen to be, either snug at home or across the country
- understand the differences between options such as DoorDash, Grubhub, Postmates, and others
- Learn about the accessibility of discussed services and which platforms and screen readers work best
- find out how to get coupons and discounts to keep more money in your wallet
- hear about the delivery experience–the good, the bad, and the disastrous
this event is for you.
The event is divided into three parts:
- Ordering what you want and need via mail. Sites to consider, tips on accessibility, and more.
- Ordering groceries, household supplies and gifts / entertainment items from Instacart, Amazon Prime Now, and Shipt.
- Ordering from restaurants using DoorDash / caviar, Grubhub / Seamless, ChowNow, Uber Eats, Postmates, local options, and more.
You’ll learn about topics including:
- account creation
- the browsing, ordering, delivery, and rating processes
- tips to make your shopping experience easier and less stressful
- Ways of shopping for those without computers and / ir smart phones
- Much more!
How it works
You’ll receive three professionally edited MP3 audio recordings over three consecutive Mondays, June 6, June 13, and June 20, 2022. Each will be packed with discussion, demonstrations, and stories from our years of experiences using delivery services. Each audio will be 75-90 minutes in length. These audios will be compiled into a fully-navigable DAISY book at the end of the course, which you’ll receive at no additional cost.
There will also be a live Q and A session held over zoom, tentatively scheduled for Monday, June 27, at 8:30 PM Eastern time. This is your opportunity to ask questions and receive tips live. Have questions you want to be sure are answered? Contact us directly and we’ll do our best to answer either in the recordings or during the live q and a. This is an especially great option if you’re unable to attend the Q and A session live.
Ready to get started, or get better at using delivery services? You can invest in this jam-packed documentation for only $39.00. As always, we thank you for your interest, and appreciate your support of Mystic Access and our offerings.