Do you have a topic that’s near and dear to your heart that you’ve always wanted to share about with a wider audience? Do you have unique stories, life circumstances, or experiences that you feel may assist, support or enrich peoples’ lives? If you answered an emphatic “YES”, then, I have a question for you — have you ever considered starting your own podcast?
If you immediately think, “Sounds awesome, but I wouldn’t even know where to begin!”, then this comprehensive, step-by-step audio documentation from Mystic Access is here to help. We conduct a bi-weekly podcast that reaches several thousand listeners monthly,and we’ve been running it for well over a decade. We have a lot of experience to share about how to get started on your own podcasting journey, (particularly if you need to do so on a shoestring budget, as we did), and we’re excited to share with you.
What it is
This documentation was created from a multi-week course we taught in late 2021. It’s broken into five key sessions or lessons, and each session is highly navigable, allowing you to re-listen to and absorb sections of material that matter most to yu and your podcast building process.
What You’ll Learn
Session One: Building a Foundation
- What is a podcast, and what isn’t?
- Why podcast?
- Getting started.
- What’s your podcast all about?
- Discovering your why.
- What emotions do you wish to convey?
- How do you intend to convey your “why” and your message via your podcast?
- Determining your audience.
- What will your format be? You sharing with your audience? Dialog, stories, interviews, etc?
- How often do you plan to podcast?
- The need for planning.
- The need for time.
- The need for money.
Session Two: Recording Your Podcast
- What you’ll need. Available hardware and software options.
- Pre-record or live? Some of this will depend on your podcast media hosting.
- Podcast media Hosting options.
Session Three: Podcast Editing
- To micro edit or not?
- Software options.
- The power of outsourcing.
- Added Touches.
- Intro / outro?
- Logos and graphics.
- Audio logos.
- Stingers, transitions, etc.
- Paying royalties!
Session Four: Podcast Distribution
- Getting your masterpiece out there.
- Show notes.
SessionFive, Be our Guest
- Interview guest versus occasional co-hosts. What’s the difference?
- Who to ask on.
- How to find them.
- How to contact them / how not to?
- Making the initial contact.
- Pre-podcast prep.
- Ways to interview.
- Following up.
this documentation covers a wealth of material, and is just over four hours fifteen minutes in duration. You can download this audio documentation in both DAISY and MP3 formats after your purchase. Your financial investment for this material is only $59.
Thanks so much for your interest.