Do you have a topic that’s near and dear to your heart that you’ve always wanted to share about with a wider audience? Do you have unique stories, life circumstances, or experiences that you feel may assist, support or enrich peoples’ lives? If you answered an emphatic “YES”, then, I have a question for you — have you ever considered starting your own podcast?
If you immediately think, “Sounds awesome, but I wouldn’t even know where to begin!”, then this six-week course from Mystic Access is here to help. We conduct a bi-weekly podcast that reaches several thousand listeners monthly,and we’ve been running it for well over a decade. We have a lot of experience to share about how to get started on your own podcasting journey, and we’re excited to share them with you.
What You’ll Learn
Week One: Building a Foundation
- What is a podcast, and what isn’t?
- Why podcast?
- Getting started.
- What’s your podcast all about?
- What is your why?
- What emotions do you wish to convey?
- How do you intend to convey your “why” and your message via your podcast?
- Determining your audience.
- What will your format be? You sharing with your audience? Dialog, stories, interviews, etc?
- How often do you plan to podcast?
- The need for planning.
- The need for time.
- The need for money.
Week Two: Recording Your Podcast
- What you’ll need. Hardware and software options available.
- Pre-record or live? Some of this will depend on your podcast media hosting.
- Podcast media Hosting options.
Week Three: Podcast Editing
- To micro edit or not?
- Software options.
- The power of outsourcing.
- Added Touches.
- Intro / outro?
- Logos and graphics.
- Audio logos.
- Stingers, transitions, etc.
- Paying royalties!
Week Four: Podcast Distribution
Week Five, Be our Guest
- Interview guest versus occasional co-hosts. What’s the difference?
- Who to ask on.
- How to find them.
- How to contact them / how not to?
- Making the initial contact.
- Pre-podcast prep.
- Ways to interview.
- Following up.
- 90-minute Q&A session to answer your additional questions, chat with other participants, and perhaps share your great podcast hopes and dreams with the group.
When is it / how does it work?
This course is conducted via Zoom, and begins Wednesday, October 20 at 8:30 PM ET. Sessions will run each Wednesday (October 27, November 3, 10, 17, a break for the US Thanksgiving week, and the final session is on December 1.) Each session will run for approximately 90 minutes. All sessions will be recorded and made available to you for download for your ongoing reference.
When you register, you’ll be invited to a course mailing list where you can chat with other participants about all things podcast, ask us questions about the event material, and, perhaps best of all, help co-create this event directly with us. Is there something you really want to know more about? Want to know how to create podcasts with particular software? If we have access to the hardware or software in question, we’ll take your suggestions and feedback into consideration and make this course happen in the way that most benefits you! Join us to share about those items you most want assistance in learning.
This event will be turned into a product after the course ends, and a DAISY book of the materials will be made available. As a course participant, you’ll receive this highly-navigable DAISY version at no additional cost. It’s our way of saying “thank you” for going on this journey with us.
Your financial investment for this course is only $69.
Thanks so much for your interest.