Samsung TVs That Talk DAISY Audio Tutorial
Discover and explore the accessibility of Samsung television sets (2016 models or later)
In this audio tutorial, which runs approximately two hours and fifteen minutes in length), you are given an overview of using Samsung TV's in conjunction with Voice Guide, Samsung's built-in screen reader.
- First, Chris does a brief unboxing, discusses the layout of his remote control, and installs the included TV stand.
- Next we show the initial startup process, which can be done without sighted assistance. This includes getting the TV on your wireless network and scanning for channels by using an over the air antenna or a direct connection to cable. Please note: if your cable or satellite provider uses a set-top-box, it must talk in order to read the guide and channels.
- Using Voice Guide we tour the tasks of watching TV, changing the channels and exploring the accessible channel guide for an over the air experience. Plese see the important note above regarding set top boxes.
- We navigate through connected devices using the source button. Afterwards, we connect Bluetooth headphones/speakers and a keyboard to the TV. Finally we explore the Smart Hub, accessing Netflix, Amazon Video and a web search directly from the TV.
Please be aware that in this tutorial the Samsung Model UN32J550AFXZA TV is used, but steps should be similar regardless of the Voice Guide-enabled TV you may be considering.
Please click on the player below to listen to the introduction and covered topics.
- Download 143
- File Size 49.1 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date May 25, 2017
- Last Updated October 13, 2018